About this event:
Keep Kids Safe On The Internet!
Did you know . . .
- 1 in 5 kids are subjected to unwanted sexual solicitation on the Internet.
- 1 in 5 teens ages 13-19 are taking photos of their intimate parts and sending them to friends.
- 25% of kids sexually solicited on the Internet told a trusted adult.
- 64% of teens report posting personal photos on the Internet and 58% report posting personal information such as where they live.
Join us . . .
Fort Collins police will host Internet safety presentations to increase awareness and provide tools to keep everyone safe from the dangers of the Internet.
Topics covered will include:
- Sexual predators
- Online enticement and grooming
- Social networking websites
- Email, Instant Messaging (IM), Smartphones and Sexting
Family sessions will be held March 5, April 2, and May 7 from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. (pick one). Families will be divided into three groups: adults; 8 to 12 year-olds; and 13 to 18-year-olds for age-appropriate presentations.
Presentations will be held at the Fort Collins Police Services Community Room located at 2221 S. Timberline Road.
To reserve your space . . . .
Contact Randine Nelson at (970) 416-2384 or by e-mail at email@example.com.